Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Explore the photogenic Dutch capital and iconic sights beyond its canals on this in-depth Amsterdam trip. You'll feast with the locals, see how they carve their sturdy clogs and experience first-hand the enduring symbols of Holland, from windmills to cheese.
- Explore the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and Corrie ten Boom House in Haarlem with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam
- Visit a Dutch windmill and a cheese farm in Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Gouda
- Scenic Cruise of Amsterdam's canals
- Tickets for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season as an alternative to Gouda (end of March until mid-May)
- 5 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (inlcuding Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (831) 426-4900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15149397
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam: Welcome to the picture-perfect city of Amsterdam, buzzing with bicycles and boats. Every alley leads to another cosy bruin cafe and the canals are more plentiful than in Venice. Delve into the gezelligheid of Amsterdam during a city orientation - to see its beautifully preserved medieval buildings and tree-lined canals. Then, enjoy a Welcome Reception and laid-back city cruise along the winding canals, soaking up the alluring setting as you enjoy a light meal.|
|Day 2||Rijksmuseum and More in Amsterdam||Rijksmuseum and More in Amsterdam: This morning, we enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum, home to masterpieces of Rembrandt, Hals and Vermeer. Spend the rest of the day exploring the city your way. Visit the floating flower market or stroll along the gabled facades that line Amsterdam's ring of canals. End your day with delicious local flavours at one of the city's many cosy restaurants. However you choose to spend your day, you're in for a gezellig time in one of Europe's cutest capitals.|
|Day 3||A Day Exploring Dutch Culture and History||A Day Exploring Dutch Culture and History: Take a trip back in time to discover the centuries-old traditions of Holland stopping in the pretty town of Haarlem. We join a Local Specialist this morning for a visit to the Corrie ten Boom House and Museum. Learn how this watchmaker helped countless Jews escape Nazi prosecution during World War II, which ultimately led to her arrest. Dive Into Culture and visit Zaanse Schans to sample delicious Dutch cheeses and investigate the inner-workings of one of the country's many windmills. Along the way, you'll learn about the Zuiderzee, and its incredible story of land reclamation and battle against the encroaching sea. We travel to the fishing village of Volendam on the shores of the IJsselmeer, our gateway into a Holland of yesteryear. This evening, we Connect With Locals to enjoy a home-cooked dinner with the Pauw family during an exclusive Be My Guest experience.|
|Day 4||Amsterdam||Amsterdam Your Way: You'll get to explore Amsterdam your way today. Don your most comfortable shoes, this is a city for walking. Spend the day tracing Amsterdam's elaborate canal system and admire the centuries-old gabled homes that jostle for their spot overlooking the water. Sit back in a leafy plein and enjoy a crisp pils as you watch the busy Amsterdammers go about their day. You could choose to brave the city streets like the locals by bike. Pedal along the tree-lined canals and over bridges bound for some of the city's great highlights like the Westerkerk, tranquil Jordaan and Vondelpark.|
|Day 5||Gouda (or Keukenhof During Tulip Season)||Discover Gouda (or Keukenhof During Tulip Season): The powerful aroma of delicious Dutch cheese will infuse our senses today. Seemingly frozen in time with its beautiful 15th-century town hall and medieval cheese weighing station, Gouda's status as a cheese trading town dates back to the Middle Ages. Dive Into Culture and witness this proud tradition first-hand in the town's beautiful market square, before spending the rest of the day at leisure (Please note, during the opening of Keukenhof, an excursion to see the tulip fields will be included instead of the visit to Gouda). Returning to Amsterdam this evening, you'll be treated to a superb Farewell Dinner in the heart of the city.|
|Day 6||Amsterdam||Farewell Amsterdam: The time has come to bid tot ziens to the magnificent city and your fellow travellers after an enjoyable encounter with Amsterdam and the surrounding Dutch countryside. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class