Create a lifetime of incredible memories traveling through the unforgettable Canadian Rockies! Take an Ice Explorer ride on the Columbia Icefield in Alberta, travel across British Columbia on the Rocky Mountaineer train, and enjoy ferry crossings to/from Victoria-these are just a few of the many highlights on this memorable Western Canada by Rail tour. You'll overnight in Calgary, Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Kamloops, Vancouver, and Victoria. Along the way, witness spectacular scenery and explore western Canada's most famous cities. Two nights in both Banff National Park, one of Canada's favorite resorts, and Jasper National Park, Canada's largest national park, give you time to be amazed at the majestic scenery, hike, explore on your own, or take optional outings, such as a helicopter ride over the Canadian Rockies. Between Banff National Park and Jasper National Park, stop in Lake Louise and marvel at this world-famous location with its cold waters reflecting the surrounding mountains and glaciers. You'll also stop for a highlight of this western Canada tour-a thrilling ride aboard an Ice Explorer on the Columbia Icefield, the largest expanse of ice in the Canadian Rockies. Another highlight of this western Canada tour is a 2-day, all-daylight journey from Jasper National Park to Vancouver on the Rocky Mountaineer. This train ride through breathtaking scenery takes you back to a time when getting to your destination was part of the fun. Along the way, pass Mount Robson, the Canadian Rockies' highest mountain; wild rivers; majestic mountain ranges; and beautiful Hell's Gate. More scenery awaits on your ferry crossing from Vancouver through the spectacular Gulf Islands to Victoria. In Victoria, enjoy world-famous Butchart Gardens with its 55 acres of floral displays. This is an unforgettable, value-minded vacation with an amazing itinerary full of beautiful scenery and once-in-a-lifetime activities.
Call (831) 426-4900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545048
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Calgary||Welcome to Calgary! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||CALGARY-BANFF NATIONAL PARK||The discovery of oil converted this cattle-ranching town into a thriving, sophisticated city. Sightseeing highlights downtown, Fort Calgary, Stampede Park, the Saddledome, and Canada Olympic Park. Next, drive west through the foothills of the Rockies into Banff National Park. On arrival, enjoy an orientation tour.|
|Day 3||Banff National Park||Today is at leisure. Play golf, horseback ride, hike the many wilderness trails in the area, stroll through Banff, or simply relax at the hot springs. The park is the perfect place for wildlife watching, and you may spot some of these amazing creatures in their natural habitat. The most commonly seen are deer and big horn sheep.|
|Day 4||Jasper National Park||First stop is Lake Louise, with its cold waters reflecting the surrounding mountains and glaciers. Precipitous gorges, snowcapped mountain ranges, and exquisite lakes come into view as your motorcoach scales three mountain passes. Another highlight is a stop at the Columbia Icefield to experience the Ice Explorer, an all-terrain vehicle that travels on ice measuring 750 feet thick. Late this afternoon, join our optional float trip down the historic Athabasca River. In Jasper, an orientation tour showcases the area's unspoiled beauty. Accommodation for the next two nights is in Jasper National Park.|
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||Join the optional narrated cruise on Maligne Lake to Spirit Island. On the return journey, you'll be mesmerized by dramatic Maligne Canyon. With much of the afternoon and evening free, consider hiking or exploring Jasper's local charm. While exploring the largest national park in the Canadian Rockies keep an eye out for native wildlife, including grizzly bears, moose, caribou, and wolves.|
|Day 6||Kamloops||An exciting morning as you board the Rocky Mountaineer for a 2-day, all-daylight, classic rail journey from the Canadian Rockies to the Pacific Coast. En route, pass Mount Robson, the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies. Follow the North Thompson River and enjoy vistas of the Monashee Mountains. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Kamloops-Rocky Mountaineer-Vancouver||Reboard your train and head through the ranchlands along the Thompson River. Continue through the stark beauty of Fraser Canyon and the turbulence of mighty Hell's Gate. After an early evening arrival in Vancouver, transfer to your hotel. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Victoria||Morning sightseeing focuses on Vancouver's Chinatown, Gastown, and lovely Stanley Park. Afterward, sail through the spectacular Gulf Islands, known for their Mediterranean-like climate. Afternoon sightseeing in Victoria includes world-famous Butchart Gardens, Bastion Square, and Thunderbird Park with its collection of totem poles.|
|Day 9||Vancouver||Morning departure for Vancouver. The trip ends at Vancouver International Airport. Please schedule flights after 1:30 pm.|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).